Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: photography at altitude
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:25:03 -0800

Peter Klein wrote:
><Snip>
> (Hey Mark Rabiner, did you get up here on Friday, or did the engineer get
> an attack of good sense and turn the train back?)
>
> --Peter Klein
> Slogging in Seattle, where it never snows, except on the rare occasions
> when it does.

I shot 5 rolls of Neopan 1600 Friday and Saturday in Seattle and the train ride
up there and back.
And as my M6 does not go to 1600 of a second i could not do the sunny bright 11
or Sunny 16 rule!
The snow was on the ground about an hour south of Seattle and was only an couple
of inches.
"The worst snow storm in 4 years" in Seattle. Would go completely unnoticed by
someone from Chicago!
But it made for a "peak experience" mode in everyone and with all the kids off school.
I had a completely wonderful time, everyone was nice and i wore my feet bloody!
Soup Daddy Soups has nothing to compare to it in Portland, nor the Oyster bar
which is fare better than the one down here in Portland. FAR better pealing
paint and birds on snowy sculpures than portland ever had. The grass is always
greener but i found Seattle to be a real city (Portland is a town with some tall
buildings) and i found Seattle to be a far more interesting place to be than
Portland. We should do a LHSA thing there for sure! I'd love to mover there
Portland is feeling too small.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA
updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

Glazer's camera store had been closed for 5 minute and opened it's doors just
for us!
and they didn't know how many blocks we walked to get there either!
What a camera store!!
http://www.glazerscamera.com/