Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Alpex Finder
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:40:50 -0600

Using only eyeball and ruler, it appears that the hot shoe offset on my IIIf is the
same as on my M6 - just under 1 cm to the left of the lens axis (viewing from the
front.)  The hot shoe on the CL is almost exactly in line with the lens axis,
although it might be a millimeter or two off to the right.

With wide angle finders I'd be surprised if either of these offsets makes any
significant difference in framing accuracy.  With longer lenses, I'd guess that
there's more error possible from the finder rotating in the hot shoe than from the
hot shoe offset.

Cheers,
Kip