Subject: [Leica] Re: Alpex Finder
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:56:49 -0500

> The only thing I prefer about the
>> Russian finder is that it centers the finder right over the lens on an M3 --
>> this one skews things to the right.
>
> It might be intended to mount on a Contax/Nikon RF.  These have a different
> optical axis than the LTM cameras, which is why the SPS viewfinder is
> "flipped" from the Zeiss 436/70.

Oh, what I meant is that, like the Voigtlander finders, this is centered on
the hotshoe.  Were *any* Leica made with the hotshoe directly above the
lens?  (Don't have my IIIc here to look at.)

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com

Replies: Reply from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Alpex Finder)