Subject: Re: [Leica] Long M Lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:31:13 -0500

At 09:33 PM 1/28/2001 -0800, Roland Smith wrote:
>I have a TXBOO which fits between my 20CM Telyt and my M bayonet mount.   It
>has an accessory shoe upon which I can mount my 20CM viewfinder.  The
>Visoflex is not needed.

No one at all has stated that the Visoflex was necessary with the extension
tube.  What HAS been stated, in detail, is that there are TWO series of
Telyt lenses, one intended for use on the PLOOT and Viso I, and the second
series for use on the Viso II/IIa/III.  The optical registration on these
units is different and, hence, the bare tube will not work to accomodate
the 22.5mm-longer Viso II/IIa/III lenses directly on the cameras and to
maintain infinity focus.  A custom adapter, of course, could be made.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Long M Lenses)