Subject: Re: [Leica] Long M Lenses
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:23:33 -0800

At 9:33 PM -0800 1/28/01, Roland Smith wrote:
>Hello Marc:
>
>I have a TXBOO which fits between my 20CM Telyt and my M bayonet mount.   It
>has an accessory shoe upon which I can mount my 20CM viewfinder.  The
>Visoflex is not needed.
>
>I believe and Horst has confirmed that this extension tube would work to
>couple any short mount lens to an M mount without the need of the Visoflex.
>
>This is important, since, my next purchase is to be a 40cm Telyt and a 40cm
>viewfinder, assuming I can find them.   Do you know any reason this will not
>work with the TXBOO extension tube?
>
>Roland Smith
>roland@dnai.com

It will work with the 400/5 models, but not the 5.6 and 6.8 without
modifications.

Note that even if you set the distance on infinity, and the subject
is many miles away, and the lens is 'accurately' calibrated your
photo may still not be sharp, as temperature variations might cause
focus vriations greater than the DOF of a 400mm lens at f/5. I had
one of the later 400/5's, and while temperature didn't affect it as
much as some lenses, there were variations.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com