Subject: Re: [Leica] IR film and the M6?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:18:18 -0800

At 3:13 PM -0500 1/28/01, Rob Conley wrote:
>A rangefinder camera does indeed have some advantages with IR film,
>but not an M6. You need to load IR in the dark or a changing bag.
>The 'bottom feeders' just don't work here -- at least not for me!
>
>Rob

I've used an M4 for years for IR, and since I find I can load an M4-6
more reliably than any other kind of camera, including the Nikons and
Canons I also use, I find the M4 ideal.

To use an SLR reasonably with IR, especially HIE, you really have to
mount the filter between the rails. It works quite well, but
obviously there are other concerns.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design