Subject: [Leica] Re: 90mm Elmar, three vs. four elements
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:40:26 -0500

Has anyone here shot with both the three- and four-element 90/4 Elmars?
What are the differences (apart from a huge disparity in price)?  In the
archive, Erwin recommends the three-element as a portrait lens; is the four-
as good?

I would think the four-element would have classic Tessar characteristics,
no?

(Oh, and I've just put up a portfolio of travel photos -- mostly out-takes
from magazine shoots -- at
http://www.dysmedia.com/Photography/Travel/PDN.html -- I'd love comments)

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com