Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 90mm Elmar, three vs. four elements
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:54:21 -0000

I have owned the 4 element LTM and found it to be amazingly sharp, but with
low contrast.  If you can print around the contrast issue you can get very
modern looking images.  This lens is nearly as good at f4.0 as it is at
F8.0.  I have even used it as an enlarger lens for 21/4 with fair results.

I have NOT used the 3 element, but I know it is quite a collectors item, and
therefore not worth the cost for actual USERS.

By the way, the photos on the web site are great!

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI