Subject: Re: [Leica] black chrome wear
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:36:49 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 13/01/01 19:18:48 Paris, Madrid, TTAbrahams@aol.com
a écrit :

<< Gary, one of my M4P's has been worn down through the black chrome, nickel
etc
 to pure brass! I bought this one new in 1981 and it has seen a lot of use.
At
 the moment my wife uses it with a 35/2,5 Voigtlander "Pancake" lens. The
 first series of M4P had the same brass top-plate as the M4-2. The switch
over
 came at around 16xx xxx and you can identify the version by checking the
 frontwindows of the camera. On the brass top-plate the
 viewfinder/lightgathering and rangefinder windows are countersunk. On the
 zinc top-plate they are flush (as on the M6). The last of the M4P's also
 lacked the "bulb" flash synch socket. Looking for a rare M4-P, the chrome,
 single synch outlet M4-P with the M6 top-plate has to fit into that
category.
 Supposedly only 4-500 made.
 Tom A

Hello Tom . I notice your wife is using the Pancake . I'd like to buy a
chrome
exemple to complement a chrome M6 that I have traded a year ago .
Do you use any shade on it ?
Can you please tell us more about image quality ?
Thanks

Jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.