Subject: Re: [Leica] Old fashioned?
From: Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:45:17 -0500

The other night I was sitting in the Symphony, and at the
quiet point of the Bernstein Mass, a figure in black
suddenly appeared beside me. Ker-plop! Ker-plop whine
ker-plop whine ker-plop whine! What are you doing, I
whispered (after a suitable beginning interjection) Working
for the orchestra she said. Turn off the motor, I said. Now
using a N***** instead of a Leica is old fashioned.  She was
using a 35 or 50 lens. She should have used a Leica. Quiet.
Makes the shot when you push the button, and not some
arbitrary period later.  Don't even have to focus (distance
was >100 feet) Maybe her thinking was old fashioned, and she
didn't think about the best tool for the job. Marshall Hunt

Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Old fashioned?)