Subject: Re: [Leica] Old fashioned?
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:16:58 -0800

Simon Stevens wrote:

> fashioned"
> in a camera?<<<<<<<

> Anything pre Oskar Barnack! ;-)

Well it might, however I'd rather feel a tad old fashioned and be using a
Leica M of any kind as long as I can "KISS it"  The "keep it simple stupid"
method of simplicity in taking pictures while using an M camera.

Hardly.

This doesn't count as there are lots of guys shooting big old wooden cameras
that are creating wonderful photography! I suppose the quality of the "wood
construction" would denote a sense of quality. But not worth a
consideration.

If what turns up on the film is cool.... then the lens is cool! ;-)

> If they are highly perfected aspherical fixed focal lenght lenses, is that
> old fashioned because they aren't zooms?<<<<<

An absolutely non issue these days as some Leica zooms are equal to primes,
apo, asph. or otherwise.

Simon mon ami, this set of questions is a complete non issue and you're
overly concerned about something that's not worth a warm beer over. Forget
the old broad and her comment,  as obviously she just doesn't know what
she's talking about!  OR! She was making a pass at you and you didn't pick
up on it! ;-) OR, it was a passing comment for conversation!

ted Grant

Replies: Reply from Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net> (Re: [Leica] Old fashioned?)