Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [LEICA] New club for R users
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:21:08 -0800

><Snip>
> Yes, Martin, but the question was about the (more liberally named)
> Leica Reflex Forum (now 27 members) in Topica, not the Yahoo R Club
> (still only 6 members). Thanks for enlightening me, by the way (sorry,
> that should be BTW - still haven't got the hang of InterSpeak), as to
> the nature of the Visoflex. I followed the link but I wish I'd waited
> until I'd digested my lunch (to which some despicable person had stolen
> the cork) ;-) It looks like an example of late Victorian plumbing with
> enhancements by Hieth Robinssohn (the Viso, not my lunch) :-o  Do
> people still use 'em, BTW (I'm learning!), e.g. for street and other
> types of photography requiring the discreet approach? (I'll get roasted
> for this but it's worth it!)
>
> Regards,
>
> =====
> Ray

I just got my Viso this week (from Dan Post) and i assure one and all i intend
on using it to it's full capabilities.
But my main slant with it is for it to give me what i don't get from a
rangefinder camera.
Reflex:
for macro and longer tele use.
I'll probably start with the 65 Elmar and then get a 200 or longer lens.
I love the thing already though glassless.
I may try streaching aluminum foil over the front and doing pinhole pictures
with it till I get glass.

mark rabiner
:)

http://spokenword.to/rabiner/