Subject: [Leica] Split-offs
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 01:57:19 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Ray,
>
> While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I hope you fail. Why? Because I do NOT
> want the discussion of R stuff to migrate away from the LUG. If people find
> that there is not enough discussion of the Leica reflex line here, they can
> just start threads. I started out as a user of Leica M, but when I was
> considering whether to get into Leica reflex as well, I asked questions
> here and received helpful answers from a number of people, including Doug
> Herr, Pascal, Jim Brick and others. I find this cross-fertilization very
> useful; at the moment I do not use any LTM gear but I do not mind
> discussions of it here. So I hope we all stay here on the LUG.
>
> Nathan
><Snip>

I agree with this completely and feel it is VERY important.
These are split offs and they are nasty.
We need all the Leica discussion on the LUG possible.
We have fun with our off topic threads but the on topic threads are why we are here.
And we are here to talk about Leica cameras.

When the LEG was created it was a nasty deal and talking about it as if it were
some kind of logical conclusion to some technical problem is disingenuous. It
was about personal hostilities, nothing more, nothing less.
Enthusiasts? Baloney!!
When their threads dry up they visit here as if they are our friends from the
other side of the hill.
They have weakened this list.

The idea here being proposed about an SLR list doesn't seem to be based on
personal stuff that i can tell.
It's just a tad simple… will draw discussions away form the LUG; will effect us negatively.

Discussing a Split-off is rude.
Say: "I've started a new list; you guys are idiots; blah blah blah good-by!!"
and that should be the last we here from you or your damn list.

Our main thrust here is M but R and LTM and R threads have never been questioned.
"Pander elsewhere!" i say.
It really pisses me off when people refer to us as the LUG/LEG;
as if we are two compatible mutually beneficial cohabiting lists.
The LEG break off was not a positive thing for the LUG. How could it be...
unless all the intolerant a##holes all quit us for them
no such luck!!

mark rabiner
:)
Department Of Redundancy Department