Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [LEICA] New club for R users
From: Nick Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 12:22:38 +0000

>  > I'll see what happens to the Yahoo Leica R club. If it hasn't attracted
>>  enough attention after another month or so, I'll allow it to expire.
>>  (Same goes for the Topica one, I guess, but I hope at least one of them
>>  is successful).
>>
>>  Regards,
>>
>>  =====
>  Ray

Ray, I'm a bit slow in responding to your earlier posts, but sorry, I
just can't agree.

The width and variety of discussion on the LUG, both on and off
topic, is what makes it so richly enjoyable. Taking your suggestion
to its logical conclusion, we might then see new splinter groups
exclusive to Noctilux users, UV filters (aaarrhh!) etc, etc, each
with their own fortress mentality. Surely you appreciate that the LUG
is a broad church with room for everyone who shares a love of all
things Leica. Let's share our different interests widely, not retreat
into a select group that has but one limited focus (pun unintended).

It is precisely the broader, comparative view that makes the LUG so
helpful. I use both M and R (and Hasselblad) and find the discussions
of LTM and even different marques (Hexanon etc) very enlightening, if
only to confirm why I stay with Leica! If you feel there is
insufficient discussion of the R series kit, just start your own
thread! You know it makes sense!
Nick.