Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [LEICA] New club for R users
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:41:50 -0800 (PST)

Martin Howard wrote:

Ray Moth jotted down the following:

> Would not VISO be included in the Reflex category?

Frankensteinian attempt to turn a Leica rangefinder into an SLR by
adding a reflex housing to the front of the camera ("It's a lie!  It's
a lie!"
;).
(snip)
Alternatively, on a more serious note:

    http://elshaw.tripod.com/Visoflex/Visoflex.html
Yes, Martin, but the question was about the (more liberally named)
Leica Reflex Forum (now 27 members) in Topica, not the Yahoo R Club
(still only 6 members). Thanks for enlightening me, by the way (sorry,
that should be BTW - still haven't got the hang of InterSpeak), as to
the nature of the Visoflex. I followed the link but I wish I'd waited
until I'd digested my lunch (to which some despicable person had stolen
the cork) ;-) It looks like an example of late Victorian plumbing with
enhancements by Hieth Robinssohn (the Viso, not my lunch) :-o  Do
people still use 'em, BTW (I'm learning!), e.g. for street and other
types of photography requiring the discreet approach? (I'll get roasted
for this but it's worth it!)

Regards,

=====
Ray