Subject: [Leica] R "chitchat "
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:44:44 -0500

Greg Bicket,

>>I won't go there...we are eroding the substance of the<<
   >>LUG when we do..... LUG can be a learning forum<<

I agree; just a little positive reinforcement from another
R8 user. Granted, the LUG is a rather free-wheeling forum
at times ( which adds charm ;-); lately, it's been downright
uncivil!

>>Wow! What a great thing the R8 is.The more I use it,the<<
                      >>more I like it<<

Great summary statement ;-)! I suspect most folks who criticize
the R8 need to use it for at least three months before they *truly*
appreciate its picture taking capabilities.

>>the f2 R50, & the f4 R 35-70 are Leica's best R lenses in terms<<
                   >>of price/quality/value.<<

Let me add another lens......the R90 f2.8. I think Leica should have
kept making the R 35& 90 Elmarits. Combine this pair with a R7 to
yield a relatively inexpensive,lightweight, high performance system!

>>I feel I got what I paid for with the R19, apo R100, & the apo 280 R<<
                     >>although, expensive.<<

Speaking to the apo lenses, the R100 & the R280; high performance
& great build quality. Amortize their cost/value over time........ w/o
peer;-)!
I've never had the good fortune to own & use a R19.

Let me add another high performer  to the above list.....my apo180
Elmarit. I feel about this lens like the "M" users do ( on this list )
about
their f2 apo 90.......in love ;-)

Tom D. (realizing how darn lucky we are to own & use Leica glass)