Subject: RE: [Leica] Country of origin
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:48:56 -0600

Jonathan Lee  wrote in part:
>The 1.5 year-old replacement works fine but lacks the
>tactile precision of its 35-year old counterpart.

Well,
I have an old axe here that belonged to my father. Its probably 50 years
old and you know, I've never, ever had to have  it serviced. 50 years no
breakdowns.

On the other hand, this dang Swedish made Husqvarna chainsaw thats only a
few years old needs service regularly. I just wish it was as good a
product as that old American made axe. :)

I also have a Dodge van. An "American" vehicle.
Made in Canada with a Japanese Mitsubishi engine.
Runs fine with 238,000 miles.

Getting really silly !

Henry