Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Country of Manufacture
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:05:40 -0600

>ARE WE NOT SHOOTERS!
>

>mark rabiner

WE ARE SHOOTERS!

or at least I am
I like toys as much as anybody but surely it does not matter where they
make our little Leica drugs does it?

Earlier this evening Mr. Gandy referred to the pressure plate/film
scratching incident/riot from last year. Since I started it I will say
that it got way overblown, and that I don't think    ANYBODY learned
ANYTHING from it. It had no value to the LUG or to any individual that I
am aware of. They fixed my camera immediately  after I sent it in. I had
it back in a week. They told me it would take longer but it did not. The
camera is fine and has been ever since they fixed it. So all we did was
blow lots of hot air!

On another prickly topic, that of poor service from Leica New Jersey I
can tell you that I spoke with the parts department today and the person
who helped me was courteous, polite and helpful. The gizmo that I need
has to come from Germany and it'll take a while but big deal!

Relax,

Henry