Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Greg Bicket's focus thread
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2000 17:24:48 -0800

On Sat, 04 November 2000, Dan Cardish wrote:

> Well.....there's no law that says I must use my camera in AF mode.  It has
> a very clear 100% viewfinder which is easy to focus anywhere within it by
> eye.  I just have to flip a switch on the side of the camera to convert to
> manual focus.  And sometimes I do just that.

Here again the time lost when I move my hand to the AF switch and switch the sucker off (for example when the animal moves behind some twigs and the AF wants to focus on the twigs) is inevitably the "decisive moment" when I wanted to take the picture.  I'd rather have the camera under full control at all times.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento