Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Greg Bicket's focus thread
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2000 20:43:50 -0800

On Sat, 04 November 2000, Dave Jenkins wrote:

> I use
> Canon's Custom Function 4 to make my EOS A2s into
> electronic Leicas. Simply disable all focus points except the center
> one, point that at whatever you want to be in sharpest
> focus, press the thumb button, and release it. Focus is locked on that
> point until such time as you are ready to focus on
> something else. You can shoot as much as you like, bracket exposures to
> your heart's content, and the focus stays right where
> you put it.

Try it here:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt/SSHA.HTM

AF systems are notorious for picking the wrong part of the bird to focus on, since it's really hard to keep the chosen sensor, or sometimes ANY sensor, on the appropriate part of an active creature.

> When aging eyes forced a move to autofocus in the early 90s

wrong - it was when aging eyes and your camera's viewfinder didn't work together.  My aging eyes worked fine again when I changed to the Leicaflex SL.  See URL above.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento