Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nova Processor
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:22:57 -0700

Doug,

The rental darkroom I use for printing has an Ilford 2150 processor that
works fine for RC prints. It's really a lifesaver when I have a lot of
contact sheets to print---from dry-to-dry takes about 90 seconds. Although
the machine is reasonably well maintained, I have had some rare problems
with inadequate fixation and/or washing, and the prints take a few weeks or
months for these problems to manifest themselves. I've learned to take a
sniff of a print as it comes out of the machine, and if it smells funky, I
notify the front desk.

The other thing that I occasionally don't like is the standard processing
time. If you want to leave the print in the developer for a
longer-than-usual time, to punch up the contrast or something, there's no
way to adjust the machine to do that. That's when I head for the trays.
Other than that, though, the 2150 pops out very good quality RC prints.
Don't know what your definition of "artist quality prints" is, but if
someone wants one of my prints to hang on the wall, I print it on fiber base
(usually Agfa Multicontrast Classic, which I like).

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.