Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nova Processor
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:06:07 -0700

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> > Mike Johnston said....
> >
> > Nova (imported by JOBO last I looked) makes a slot processor for
> > black-and-white. It's quite convenient for people who don't print very
> > often, too, as it will keep chemicals fresh for a week and you can print
> > with no setup time. It's not terribly expensive, either--it doesn't have
> > temp controls like the color slot processors.
>
> I'm not sure what kind my lab has -- I rent a darkroom for the (slightly exorbitant) price of $13 an
> hour.
>
> Do the processors give results as good as trays?
>
> I'm wondering if I can, for instance, produce artist quality prints using Ilford Warmtone RC with this
> high-end machine.  Btw, Mike, do use glossy, pearl, matte?
>
> cheers,
>
> DC

Our U. Develop here in Portland Oregon is five bucks an hour and 75 cents an
8x10 RC sheet.
72 seconds dry to dry and Omega D5 enlargers with Ilford multigrade heads and
Nikor lenses.
Quite a great deal. The atmosphere of being around other people printing of
varied experiences I found invaluable. I use their facilities now only for color
though as I do have my own b&w darkroom.
Mark rabiner