Subject: [Leica] Re: TTL shutter speed dial (was RE: LHSA meeting)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:50:04 -0700

On 19 Oct 2000, Paul Chefurka wrote, at least in part:

> My understanding was that the designers wanted the new of rotation
> to match the meter arrows in the finder.  Because the dial is
> larger and more easily manipulated with the camera at eye level,
> they felt this change would make operation more fluid.  Not having
> a TTL (yet) I can't say if they were right or wrong, but I do know
> that changing the shutter speed of my classics with the camera at
> my eye does feel a bit counter-intuitive and fiddly.

Exactly, Paul! It will be 'duck soup' for those new to M
photography as it is more intuitive, but will bug folk who have
used the classic rotation for years. If you only have the TTL or
multiple TTLs, you *will* adapt eventually, then all will be fine.

The poor user that likes the TTL's capability but wanted to
continue to use classic Ms in a multiple M kit will grow some new
grey hairs. He'll strongly consider going to all TTLs. You don't
suppose that Leica had that in mind do you?

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica