Subject: [Leica] RE: FOM2 and 'The Family of Man'
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:34:40 -0700

I, in polite but not humble fashion, disagree with George. I have
no problem with excluding all but Leica. If that makes me less
than PC, good! PC is an alien concept to me, anyway.

Further, we do not need to think deeply on what the content will
say until there are images with which to work. I'm quite content
to leave the hardest part of this project to whomever is
designated to do the editing. It is the editing that will determine
the content, and the content will determine what is said. To try
to do this at this stage will mean shooting to a 'script'! That will
inhibit the photographers greatly.

The categories laid out by Alaistair will allow nearly every photo
submitted to fit somewhere. What is done with the accepted
images will determine the success or failure of the project. I
have complete confidence that the images will be of high
quality, both in content and craft. Let's leave the sleepless
nights to the editor/s!
- --
Roger