Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 22:02:47 -0400

This $150 plastic accessory will NOT fit the 400/6.8 tripod mount or
that of the early 280/2.8.  The stock has both a mounting screw
and a locating pin.  The distance between these two is shorter than
the corresponding holes on either lens.  I know this because I
ordered one through a local dealer and had to return it.

Even if the 14282 could be adapted to fit the 400, it would place the
hand supporting the lens back too far to focus.

Roy