Subject: [Leica] FX-50 (was Puts on More Photokina
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:48:58 +0100

>Here we need to go to outsider companies. The new Paterson FX-50, family of
>the deservedly famous FX39 is a really exciting developer. Finer grain than
>ever and  acutance galore. And it works with all current films. Wait for my
>report.

Erwin,

following your postings and also your direct message to me (Thanks very
much), I  decided to try Paterson FX-39 but could not find it in Germany,
so I asked on the Pure Silver List if somebody could give me the email
address of UK stockists. Apart from the addresses I also got a number of
messages from persons warning that Paterson chemicals tend to go off
rapidly. Among those supplying this information was somebody whose name is
as well known to darkroom users as your name is to Leice lens users, so I
decided against Paterson. Have you any experience on the keeping quality of
FX-39 and 50, and would you include that in your report?

Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or