Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses (whither the 50)?
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:45:04 +0100

>When asked in London what was his most important piece of equipment Marc
>Ribauld (Magnum) said his sneakers as with those h could walk closer or
>further away, and that was all that was important to him. That man travels
>the world with just an M6 and a 35mm lens.
>
>Gerry
>
>Gerry Walden (UK)

When I was in Sweden last week I had the pleasure of meeting with Inga-Lill
Snitt who has photographed several books, among others 'Swedish Style'
which has been published at least in  Sweden, England, Italy, France and
Germany. She used mechanical Leica SLRs until all of it got stolen recently
(in Italy btw, but this thread is closed now, isn't it. Sicily to be
specific.) She had to replace the equipment quickly and no Leicas were
available. She still sticks to mechanical SLR, but now Nikon. I discussed
technical aspects with her husband, who handles much of this. His main
point was: reduce, reduce, reduce. You can handle much more than you think
with much less than you think.

Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist