Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina - warning! heretical contents!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:58:00 -0400

At 03:59 PM 9/20/00 -0400, you wrote:

>If you use the piezo system to produce a technically accurate print of a
>negative, with b/w points set correctly, gamma dialled in right, midtones
>lifted to where you want them, with all the full range of shadow and
>highlight detail on display...
>
>... it doesn't look like a photograph.
>
>Wierd eh?
>
>--
>--
>Johnny Deadman

I agree totally, Johnny.  I am constantly amazed at Piezography's ability
to print into shadows that I cannot even see on the monitor.  The 3-D look
fits perfectly with the Leica lenses' ability to give "roundness" to the
image.  Hard to describe but very obvious in the prints.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com