Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:20:39 -0600

I do not agree with his statement that you can only record detail in a range
six to eight stops on film. This has not been my experience and Bruce
Barnbaum states that you can record detail in a range of thirteen, or even
slightly more, stops on film! See his article:"Photographic Myths: There are
ten zones in the Zone System" published in the Sept/Oct 2000 issue of PHOTO
Techniques. My one complaint with scanned negatives is that if it is not in
the scan, it is just not there! Unlike a negative which can be coerced into
giving more detail out of the highlights and shadows (depending on the neg)
by careful printing techniques.

John Collier

Who would like to assure you he is not any where even remotely as good as
BB!! If BB is good then I am bad, baby!