Subject: Re: [Leica] Which wide angle lens should I get?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:03:05 -0400

At 01:33 PM 9/20/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I agree with everything Paul says, especially about using the finder for the
>24: Once you're in the ballpark for focusing and exposure, it's easy to just
>keep shooting using the viewfinder to compose. And which lens to get is
>really up to you and what you like to shoot. I had a 35 and a 28, and opted
>to swap the 28 for a 24 because I wanted something significantly wider that
>a 35. And the 24 is a terrific lens to boot.
>
>Chuck Albertson
>Seattle, Wash.

I agree with Chuck.  I don't use a finder with the 24 but is necessary with
the 21; therefore, I use the 24 much more than the 21.  I think my next
wide angle will be the 15 and I will only use the finder then once I have
set the exposure.  The depth of field is great enough that you don't really
have to focus.  I just hate switching back and forth.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> ([Leica] diopter question)