Subject: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: MTomalty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:26:28 EDT

Hi Guys/Gals

Anyone willing to share any preferences on a really nice Black and White film
and Developer combo.
I've been a commercial/stock shooter for many years and have been shooting
almost exclusively in color.For personal work of late I'm shooting more and
more in B & W but I find something 'lacking',especially since I'm using M6's
and
feel I'm not getting the full potential out of them.
I'm currently using TMax 100/400 and they are being developed by pro lab
here in Montreal-I believe they are using D-76??

To add my 2 cents to the discussion on photographer ethics/donations I think
that just by being whereever they happen to be working is donation enough.
To be able to go into,at times, horrific situations and come away with strong
images that can be used to bring attention to the situation borders on
the heroic. It's not as if these people are on a cruise! As to the question of
whether these individuals donate a portion of proceeds to charity I know for
a fact (possibly excluding the extremely small elite crowd such as
Salgado,etc)
that the vast majority of these photogs barely earn enough to survive,let
alone
donate.

And finally,can someone inform me as to whether I need to transfer over
the 'basket' from an M6 baseplate to the Rapidwinder.

Thanks everyone
Mark

Replies: Reply from khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder)