Subject: [Leica] combining separation prints
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:35:18 -0500

Ok,

Can one of you guys out there perhaps put your thinking caps on this one?

20 summers ago, I was a wee intern at a daily newspaper where in order to do
color images we made cmyk separation prints via Kodak's long discontinued
Resisto Rapid Pan Paper.

Anyway, one of my souvenirs was a cmyk set of prints I made from a clown
photo.  Now I have scanned them as grey scale images.  Is there an
electronic way to combine them so I get a color image out of this?  FYI
these separation prints were made with a Leitz Focomat 1c and a vacuum
easel,  which of course gets the Leica link.

I need to be pointed in the right direction as I am doing this mainly to see
if it can be done!

I have Photoshop, paint shop pro, micrografx picture publisher as programs
at my disposal, so if any of you have a solution, please let me know.  Its
not for any such use of the photo, its just seeing if I can do this.

gck

Leica M, the quiet alternative....