Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:26:44 -0700

MTomalty@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Guys/Gals
BIG SNIP...........

Hi Mark,
Welcome aboard, glad to see you finally got through the subscribe
routine. :-)

Folks I have to add a note of positive reference for this shooter,  a
very fine Canadian photographer of honorable reputation on the "stock
photography" side.  I don't doubt he'll be a fine contributor to the LUG crew.

Now all we have to do is get him on the right road with his B&W film, M6
and developer choice. Oh yeah and get him organized with his Tom
Abrahamsson RapidWinder!

As far as B&W film?  I use Delta 100 and Tmax 400 with Kodak EXTOL
developer 1:1 or 1:3. The 1:3 I'm just getting into, as Mark Rabiner has
been pointing out the advantages at the mixture ratio of, 1:3.

As far as having your film done at the commercial lab, maybe they'll
give you the EXTOL service if you ask, but there isn't any question it's
sure a wunderkin developer giving magical results.  I became a solid
convert to it after many years of Tmax developer and films.

> the 'basket' from an M6 baseplate to the Rapidwinder.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This is an interesting subject as some of us never swapped the basket
and use the RapidWinder sans basket with no problems loading or using
the camera and winder.  Others swear by the basket switch over and I'm
sure you'll get a few variations as to use or not.

It's worked fine for me so I work without the basket.  Others?

Glad to have you along I know you'll be a solid contributor to the gang.
 I believe you've had sometime reading the messages before this your
first post, however, if you are inclined you might want to have a look
at the archives if you have some quiet moments.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant