Subject: RE: [Leica] tripod
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:13:52 -0400

Right.  Which is precisely why I'm soliciting recommendations from anyone
who owns/uses a tripod that meets all of the qualifications Chris
enumerated, namely:

1. Is light weight and easy to transport.
2. Can easily be set-up without having to adjust multiple twisties.
3. Can be extended to eye level.

Sounds like the Gitzo models excel at 1 and 3, but fail at 2, and that the
bogen models excel at 2 and 3 but fail at 1.

If there's really no model that meet all these criteria, then I suppose one
must ask which is the greater price to pay, weight or ease/quickness of
set-up.

Thanks,
Dan

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] tripod)