Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:38:47 -0700

Dan Honemann wrote:

> Right.  Which is precisely why I'm soliciting recommendations from anyone
> who owns/uses a tripod that meets all of the qualifications Chris
> enumerated, namely:
>
> 1. Is light weight and easy to transport.
> 2. Can easily be set-up without having to adjust multiple twisties.
> 3. Can be extended to eye level.
>
> Sounds like the Gitzo models excel at 1 and 3, but fail at 2, and that the
> bogen models excel at 2 and 3 but fail at 1.
>
> If there's really no model that meet all these criteria, then I suppose one
> must ask which is the greater price to pay, weight or ease/quickness of
> set-up.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I have all three!!
A 120 sport, a 224 reporter industry, and a 320 Studex Performance.
I'm sure the most useful and popular is the 200 series with one inch diameter
legs though.
But it matters much which exact one you get as there are many in each series in
terms of height and number of extensions in the legs. Sometimes I want a 400
series, even more WEIGHT!
I did my big walk Monday with my 200 series because all month with the 100
series I've been getting too many unsharp shots and it has freaked me out.

Still have to trace the cause to vibrion from adjourning highways; Bad technique
on my part not letting the camera stop vibrating before I shoot; or wind or others.

Having a "set" of tripods like this is like haveing a set of lenses.
"which one do i grab the 90mm? Or would the 135 or 50 be better?"
same with the tripods, and the heads.
Lots of toys for girls and boys!
Mark William Rabiner