Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Film flatness and sharpness...
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:00:18 -0700

At 06:55 PM 6/2/00 -0700, Tom Schofield wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>
>Next time you are in Carmel, stop into the Photography West  gallery and see
>Beckett's contrast masked 40x50 ilfochromes from  8x10 transparencies.
>Amazing.  Wouldn't know they were ilfochromes.
>
>Tom

Hi Tom,

I am very familiar with Christopher Burkett's work. As you know, he uses
8x10 exclusively. And it does not take a genius to see that his work is
sharper and cleaner than most other photographers. I wonder if he uses
Kodachrome... ;-) Everyone can see his work on:

http://www.christopherburkett.com/

I use contrast masks about 50% of the time for my large Ciba's. The best
photographic gallery in Carmel is the Silver Light Gallery, owned Janet,
Ken, and Lee Ann Kelly ( www.silverlight.com ) on the corner of 6th and San
Carlos. Have a look at John Wawrzonek's 40x50's (and larger) LightJet
prints. Stunning beyond belief! Made from 4x5 Velvita's. :-)

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Film flatness and sharpness...)
Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Film flatness and sharpness...)
Message from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Film flatness and sharpness...)