Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:36:25 +1000

XXXXXXXXXX
You can get K14 films in 35mm only.

It doesn't take more than two brain cells to figure out this one!

It's 9 O'Clock. Do you know where your film is? In a container on the
tarmac in Memphis? In a UPS van in Houston Texas? On a loading dock in
Biloxi Mississippi?
XXXXXXXXXX

Jim,

Kodachrome is taken by Kodak courier from my local "shop" daily, with a
turn around of usually 5 days. Many only ever use 35mm cameras. Kodachrome
images from the amateur files of my grandfather look as fresh today as they
did when they were taken, and his E6 images have died. For we amateurs,
Kodachrome produces fantastic "family" colour and has the runs on the board
with longevity. Perhaps Kodak realize that there are more amateurs than
pros anyway, even if they don't shoot as much film (and rarely slides). Its
not perfect, but its a film I use to record my life. I only hope Kodak
keeps this bit of photographic consistancy alive, and doesn't bend to
dubious commercial pressures to "kill" it off.

Come on, you know as well as I that there is room in the world for many
types of film, and for many types of photographer. If you don't want to use
Kodachrome, don't ;-) Perhaps its the family slide film.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin

Replies: Reply from "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com> (Re: [Leica] Kodachrome)
Reply from Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)