Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 05:31:23 -0700

> Kodachrome
> images from the amateur files of my grandfather look as fresh today as
they
> did when they were taken, and his E6 images have died. For we amateurs,
> Kodachrome produces fantastic "family" colour and has the runs on the
board
> with longevity. Perhaps Kodak realize that there are more amateurs than
> pros anyway, even if they don't shoot as much film (and rarely slides).
Its
> not perfect, but its a film I use to record my life.

Yes this is where Kodachrome really shines. When I view my slides from 30
years ago the Kodachrome ones all look like they were shot yesterday, unlike
the Ektachrome ones. Another advantage of Kodachrome is that it is a lot
more tolerant to heat (prior to being developed) than the E6 films. In some
circumstances this is an important factor in selecting film.