Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:53:41 -0700

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
> i suppose you have earned the rank of "infamous"
> pissing off the lugnuts and and receiving a personal
> admonishment from  guru e putts.
>
> keep up the good work
> regards,
> asparaco/chicago
 but can you take or make a picture?<<<<<<<<<<<

Hello Mr. Scarpitti,
I haven't followed the Kodachrome thread simply because I stopped using
it at least 10 years ago or more, although I had been an avid user of it
for many many years.  But when it became a problem of turn around time
from the Kodak lab and the availability of improved E6 films that
basically gave an equal opportunity of image, I dropped it.

Kodachrome was. is and as long as Kodak continue to make it, not much
longer I believe, a very fine film. However, the consequences of time
and delivery have made it a non functional film for those of us who
truly earn our living taking pictures, certainly when deadlines are of
the essence.

I suppose if I were a happy snapper and didn't rely on my photography
for my livelihood I might still be using kodachrome, although given the
beautiful slide films of today it seems almost passé to even think of
shooting KR.  Yep it still looks very nice when I rummage through some
of the thousands of slides filed away here, but that wont change me back
to KR.

> pissing off the lugnuts and and receiving a personal
> admonishment from  guru e putts.<<<<<<<<

I'm not sure whom you are referring to in the above comment,  but I find
it very ungentlemanly of you to make such a,  should I say, "derogatory
open ended"  comment without having the personal fortitude of addressing
it directly to the person or persons you are referring to.

Damn unsportsmanlike of you and leaves one to question your credibility
as a photographer and person! Very unfortunate.

I suppose it might even be appropriate to ask you your own question,  >>
" but can you take or make a picture? " <<<<<  See that wasn't so hard
to address it to the person I'm discussing this matter with.  Maybe you
should try it some time.  Thank you.
regards,
ted