Subject: [Leica] R zoom
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:17:05 +1000

I am also searching for a general purpose zoom lens for my Leica R
outfit. I agree with you completely about the two 2.8 zoom lenses
from Leica. I'd like your opinion on the latest 35-70mm f/4.0 Vario-Elmar
lens. The size and weight are very attractive for a day trip. Is this lens
one of the Minolta design?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pitak,

Newer design, Leica design, not the original Minolta one. We have one and
could not be happier with it (if you don't use pol filters much that is
cause the focus rotates the front element)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin