Subject: Re: [Leica] Ireland, Republic of
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:28:22 -0700

Christer-
What a wonderful story! Sounds like a wonderful place! I wouldn't call
either of those occasions an objection at all! I would be delighted to find
it so easy to strike up a conversation, even if it did mean I had to take
the camera away from my eye! An hour or so spent over a pint of Guiness ( or
whatever the local landlord had to offer!) in conversation with a local who
knew all about the place would be absolutely delightful! And if he/she
wanted their friends included in the shot- well I'd just make darned sure
that I sent an extra copy to them!
I have always felt an affinity for my Scots-Irish ancestors, even if they
did manage to shipwreck coming over here to the New World! The Celtic blood
one receives along the way surely makes for a good conversation over a good
glass of beer!
Then again, the Teutonic ancestry I have, is pretty much the same! an
enjoyment of a good glass of beer and what the more Eastern ancestors called
Gemuchtlichkeit (sic)!   Ich moechte so gern ein massrug sein! as the song
says!
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!
Dan ( Himmel! Ein masskrug, so gross vie ganz Bayern!) Post