Subject: Re: [Leica] Ireland, Republic of
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:29:32 -0400

Christer,
Nice story.  As a 22 year old I spent a week driving around Eire by myself.
Loved the experience.  And you are right, the people are very friendly and love
to talk.  Because I was by myself I enjoyed this very much for the
companionship.  I stayed mostly in guest houses, and thus got to know the
families running the accommodations too.  I got some good photos too, with a
new (in 1975) Rollei 35S, which I bought on my trip the week before in England
out of necessity.  My Minolta SRT-101 had taken a fall and suffered a jammed
shutter.  I still have that wonderful camera too!
John