Subject: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:16:38 -0700

[K.K. Hui wrote]

I own an earlier R8 with S. Nr 2298xxx, so the Drive won't work with
it??!  What would Leica do for me as a customer?   I really don't have
the faith on Leica's R-body design and QA (lens & body) as a whole  ...

I own an R8 2413xxx that I bought used. Later I bought a used winder. They
worked together fine for a while. When the R8 started skipping frames, I
sent both body and winder to Leica. I am not the original registered owner
and I have NO WRITTEN WARRANTY. Leica is taking the usual 8 weeks to do the
work; but, according to the paper work they sent me, they are upgrading both
the body and winder for free.

I would suggest a call to Brenda Olesin in the Repair Department. A while
ago Mikiro posted information on the generations of R8 bodies. One that
early is likely to have problems, winder/motor or no.

- --Gib