Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:00:44 +0200

K K Hui wrote:

> I own an earlier R8 with S. Nr 2298xxx, so the Drive won't work with
> it??!  What would Leica do for me as a customer?   I really don't have
> the faith on Leica's R-body design and QA (lens & body) as a whole  ...

That's why there is now a 5 year (retroactive) warranty on
the R8.
Look on Leica Camera website:

<http://www.leica-camera.com/news/news_e.htm>

where you will read the following:

New: 5-Year Warranty for the LEICA R8

Exclusively for the LEICA R8, warranty has been more than
doubled as of November 1st, 1999 - from 2 to 5 years! The
validity is also retroactive so that every R8 ever acquired
is covered.
With this outstanding warranty period for 35mm SLR cameras
Leica provides its customers with a security far beyond the
usual and once again emphasizes its unique quality standard.

Lucien