Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 24mm vs 21mm for M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:47:08 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> I owned and used a 24/2.8 Elmarit-R since 1976. When I wanted a wide angle
> for my M6, I first tried a 21 ASPH. I found it too wide for my liking so I
> bought a 24 ASPH instead. I guess I am tuned into the 24mm view. I am very
> happy with the 24 ASPH. Besides being a stellar lens, I can use it on my
> .72 M6 without a separate finder.
>
> Jim

I went out shooting a roll and a half with my 24 ASPH yesterday but used the
finder for a change and with my new bifocals.
My system goes from 24 to 135 and for me i feel like I have a compleat Leica M
system. My 24 is easily wide enough for anything I've needed to shoot. No
yearnings, cravings or needs for the 21!
Mark Rabiner