Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:59:42 -0700

AWSteg wrote:

> Just a bit arrogant and ignorant Michael.  The G2 is far from a toy.  I have
> used both, I own both and the statements and comparisons you make are
> totally absurd!
>
> Al Stegmeyer

Al! I gotta take credit for calling the G2 a toy it was not Michael.
No depth of field scales!!!
What if you had to take a picture of a chair?
"Would you please take a picture of my chair?"
How would you know that you had both the front and back of it in focus?
But Al, with your love for all the things your Nikon system does better than you
Leica system and then with the Contax G system which percentage of your work is
appropriate for your Leica's? How often do you sqeeze them in? Just what might
they be optimized for?
Too many cameras Al! That's my opinion.
You don't need all those friggin Nikons, or G2's!!!
Give your Leica's a fair shot for a  month and you'll find there is little they
can't do. Without Viso that means
Macro and long tele. Period. Fast breaking situations is what Leica M is all
about! Learn to zone focus!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from evie <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: AF)