Subject: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:59:09 +0200

Bernard,

I agree with your assessment of the R bodies, but that is inherently subjective.
Someone else could just as well argue that Nikon F5 or whatever is better because of
its advanced functions which the Leica lacks. The quality of the lenses, however, is
beyond debate. One can debate whether the extra quality is worth it, but the fact that
it is there is a fact.

Nathan

Bernard wrote:

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > But then what is Leica's core competency? Is it making camera bodies? As much I
> > love my M3, my two M6s, my Leicaflex SL and my R8, I submit that Leica's strength
> > lies in the lenses, which are second to none.
>
> I see your point, but wish to comment that I happen to think that the R cameras are
> also second to none. I don't mean to say that you can drop them from a larger
> height than an F3 or something like that, but that the F3 or whatever other camera
> does absolutely nothing for me, in terms of "quality-feel". That's subjective, yes.
> But subjectivity sells.
>
> Bernard

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)