Subject: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:00:11 +0400

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> But then what is Leica's core competency? Is it making camera bodies? As much I
> love my M3, my two M6s, my Leicaflex SL and my R8, I submit that Leica's strength
> lies in the lenses, which are second to none.

I see your point, but wish to comment that I happen to think that the R cameras are
also second to none. I don't mean to say that you can drop them from a larger
height than an F3 or something like that, but that the F3 or whatever other camera
does absolutely nothing for me, in terms of "quality-feel". That's subjective, yes.
But subjectivity sells.

Bernard

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina)