Subject: [Leica] Disassemble a DR-Summicron
From: Min-yi Shen <smy@kff1.uchicago.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 17:35:31 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, LUGgers:

    I recently purchased a DR-Summicron from Ebay. After I got the item,
I found that the rear element was severely scratched and the coating is
nearly all gone. The worse thing is some of internal elements are fogged.
Yeah, I can send it to Sherry and wish there will be some improvement --
but I cannot wait for 4 weeks before it's back to my hand. Anybody here
has some hand-on experience on disassembling a DR? I am a science grad
student so the tools and chemicals are not a problem to me. I just took
a look on the rear element in the optical part and found that it appears
to be fixed by a black ring that has two notchs on each sides. Shall I
rotate the ring or just pull it out?

Min-yi Shen

Replies: Reply from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> ([Leica] help identifying lens shade)
Reply from ksherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com> (Re: [Leica] help identifying lens shade (2nd note))