Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar-M vs. Summicron-M
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:41:58 -0600

Kenneth Epstein wrote:

> I am in the market for a 50 mm lens for my M6.  I am undecided between the
> Summicron-M and the Elmar-M.  My reason for even thinking about the Elmar,
> given the approximate same price, is the size and classic look.  I currently
> have the 35 Summicron-M ASPH and the 90 Elmarit-M.

If you don't plan on using filters much and like the Elmar looks, go for
it! This is a fine performer and the metal shade offers great protection
against both lens flare and damage. The Elmar's metal lens cap is very
nice and very expensive to replace, but you already use Leica, so I
shouldn't have to tell you ;-)
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado